Who is GAWDA?
GAWDA stands for the Gases and Welding Distributors Association. Formerly known as the National Welding Supply Association (NWSA), GAWDA represents over 500 small to very large welding equipment and industrial gas distributors as well several hundred manufacturers, suppliers, and service providers to the welding and industrial gas industry. GAWDA's mission is to promote the safe operation and economic vitality of distributors of industrial gases and related welding equipment and supplies.
I've forgotten my user name and password or I'm not sure if I have a user name and password, how can I get a new one?
Previous usernames and passwords are no longer available. As of January 2011, new ones have been issued. Username and passwords fall under two main categories – Company and Individual. To retrieve your passwords, click here.
Who is eligible for a user name and password?
All employees of a GAWDA member company are eligible for their own personal login to the GAWDA web site.
There are two types of logins:
- Company Login – this was provided to member companies during the 2011 renewal process and can be used to renew company dues as well as registering multiple attendees to the Spring Management and Annual Convention meetings.
- Individual Login – this login can be used for individual registrations as well as accessing the upcoming “Members-Only” portion of the website.
How can I update my contact information?
To update your or your company's login information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost to be a member?
GAWDA membership dues are based on a member company's annual sales. Active Members (Distributors) dues are based on their gross sales of all operations. Supplier Member (Mfg, Suppliers and Service Providers) and Manufacturers' Rep dues are based on their gross sales to the welding and industrial gas industry. There is a set annual dues of $250 for the Manufacturer's Representative category and a set annual dues of $100 for the Individual Member category. For more information on Member categories and dues, visit our webpage.
What are categories of membership in GAWDA?
GAWDA has four main membership categories:
- DISTRIBUTOR MEMBERSHIP - A GAWDA Distributor Member is any individual, partnership, or corporation engaged in retail distribution of gases, equipment or supplies for use in welding, industrial applications, health care or research. For purposes of this provision, "retail distribution" means sales to end users.
- SUPPLIER MEMBERSHIP - A GAWDA Supplier Member is any individual, partnership or corporation engaged in (1) manufacturing or wholesale distribution of gases, equipment or supplies for use in welding, industrial applications, health care or research, or (2) providing products or services to Active members. For purposes of this provision, "wholesale distribution" means sales of products intended for resale.
- MANUFACTURER'S REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERSHIP - This category will have limited benefits, but will give you access to attend the GAWDA Annual Conventions, the Spring Management Conferences and the Regional meetings. You will also have access to GAWDA Communications in the form of the GAWDA Connection, the GAWDA Edge and one copy of the Welding & Gases Today publication.
- INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP - This category is for individuals who have retired from the welding industry after at least 10 years as an active or associate member of the Gases and Welding Distributors Association when they no longer earn a living from the welding supply business.
Can I get a printed copy of the GAWDA Directory?
A free copy of the printed GAWDA Membership Directory is sent to the key contact of all GAWDA members. Additional copies can be purchased from GAWDA Headquarters for a nominal fee.
How can I subscribe to GAWDA mailings and publications?
Any employee of a member company can receive email communications from GAWDA including the GAWDA Connection, Safety & Technology Organizer, Clearinghouse Updates or event announcements. If you want to add or update your company contact listing, please send an email to email@example.com.
How do I submit a news item to the GAWDA Connection or Welding & Gases Today?
The GAWDA Connection is distributed via email on the 8th and 23rd of every month. All items for submission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later the 1st or 16th of the month to be published in the next closest issue. Please include photos with press release where applicable.
Welding & Gases Today is published quarterly in the winter, spring, summer and fall. For submission deadlines or advertising opportunities please contact Carole Jesiolowski at Data Key Communications.